Since Google is the official maintainer of Android, it makes sense to use a first-party option that works universally across most devices. Backing up your phone using Google One allows you to save your Google contacts, text messages, and a list of your installed apps from the Google Play Store download the stock firmware. You also get automatic cloud backups after your device has been charging and idle for two hours over Wi-Fi — taking care of everything for you in the background.
This approach is also not device-specific; you can use it on any device that has TWRP installed. Installing TWRP recovery is the most important aspect of installing custom roms. The most efficient way to install custom ROMs is through this method.
- It’s the official ADB and Fastboot binary provided by Google.
- The Google Drive cloud service allows you to keep all of your important files in the cloud and accessible from any device.
- To restore a Nandroid backup tap the Restore button from the home screen and choose the backup from those listed.
- So you no longer need to go through all the tiring process of reverting to stock recovery, unrooting, and then if you get lucky, you receive the OTA updates.
Thus, the missing app sync and backup solution for Android have been achieved. The application would automatically search for available devices. Make sure that the USB debugging option has been enabled for the device. After detecting the device, the desktop application would be activated.
- Furthermore we can download firmware elsewhere, backup of firmware via the TWRP backup menu is therefore not desired.
- The OZip file contains the Boot.img files for the Realme/Oppo firmware.
- If your device isn’t working properly, restart it and connect it to your PC via USB in order to ensure it is back in working order.
- Best of all, you don’t need a custom recovery or tools like Fastboot to use it — it all happens within Android.
The backup will restore your old apps and data, meaning that apps you’ve uninstalled will reappear, and text messages you’ve since received will disappear. If your Nandroid backup is more than a day or two old, you might want to keep it for emergencies only.